|Country of Origin||France|
|Region||Corse (near Bastia)|
|Age||45 days to 4 months|
|Milk||Pasteurised Goats’ Milk|
|Weight and shape||400 g (14 oz), Round|
|Size||Diameter 15 cm (6 inches), Height 3 cm (1 inch)|
|Taste||Rich, nutty, strong goat milk taste|
|Aroma||Pronounced nutty smell with hints of herbs|
|Pairing||Condrieu, Domaine Petroni Rosé, Honey|
|Texture||Elastic, soft springy texture, soft tender dough|
A Casinca is one of the most prominent soft washed-rind cheeses in the Mediterranean island of Corsica that is produced all year-round.
It is a classical cheese made from milk of Corsican goats that roam freely in the large landscapes in the central area on the island – filled with an abundance of natural herbs and maquis bushes – thus infusing their milk with various natural and sharp aromas.
Tasting Notes of A Casinca
A Casinca is an exotic cheese with a rich and pronounced nutty taste (due to the ripening and the gentle climate in the region) with definitive goaty flavours.
It also has a strong smell but this cheese is by no means unrefined.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
If you find the taste too strong to your liking then it would be wise to serve it with aromatic honey such as the Attiki Greek Honey with Wild Flora and Thyme.
Our recommended aromatic honey to go along with A Casinca:
- DISTINCTIVE TASTE - Wild Flore and Thyme Honey has a delightfully distinct flavor, with strong aromatic and herbal notes, pairing well with salty cheeses like feta and goats cheese
- PERFECT FOR COOKING - this wonderfully aromatic honey is perfect for adding to marinades, stews, salad dressings and more, due to its herbal flavor - a little goes a long way!
- GREEK FAVORITE - The honey is a beautiful caramel color, with an intense herbal aroma and a thick, smooth texture. The fine Greek honey comes from selected varieties of Greek thyme and wild flowers.
- PERFECT FOR PARTIES - Quality and purity from the hive to your table. Spread, pour, slather, douse, bake, decorate or add to recipes, acai bowls, smoothies, baked goods, glazes, herbal teas, morning beverages and more for a balanced diet
- OPA - bring the Greek tradition to your house with this velvety rich pure honey. This delicious honey is sure to bring everyone together at family gatherings or parties.
More Cheeses from France:
- Abbaye du Mont des Cats
- Abbaye de la Pierre-qui-Vire
- Abbaye de Tamié
- Bleu de Termignon
- Abbaye Notre-Dame de Belloc
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API