|Country of Origin||England|
|Age||3 to 5 months|
|Milk||Raw Goat’s Milk|
|Producer||Thornby Moor Dairy|
|Weight and shape||2.5 kg (5.5 lb), truckle|
|Size||Diameter 14 cm (5.5 inches), Height 14 cm (5.5 inches)|
|Taste||Sweet, almond, herbal, grass, strong|
|Texture||Moist, friable (similar to Cheshire)|
|Pairing||Spinach, olive oil, full-bodied white|
In 1979, Carolyn Fairbairn’s began her dairy career in her basement. She used the goats’ milk from her farm to create her first cheese. She perfected her formula so well that even after 40 years the Allerdale is still highly sought-after.
Today, she works together with her daughter, Leonie to transform Cumbria’s lush green grazing into fantastic cheeses.
Allerdale Tasting Notes
Allerdale has a 3 to 5 months long maturation period in cloth which allows different layers of flavors to permeate. It has a sweet taste with a hint of almond, herbs, and nature. The texture is moist and friable.
How to Enjoy Allerdale (PAIRING)
We find that oven-baking or grilling this cheese goes well with most foods that has serve with olive oil – salad and pasta are excellent options to start with.
There is something magical about olive oil that helps open up your palate and gradually inviting the taste of this cheese in.
Allerdale also pairs nicely with full-bodied white wines such as Chardonnay, Viognier, and Muscat.
Our favorite olive oil to complement Allerdale:
- ORGANIC ROBUST EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL: Expertly crafted by The Olive Oil People, this USDA Certified Organic extra virgin olive oil is made from first cold pressed olives, grown and nurtured by our family of farmers.
- FULL-BODIED, ROBUST TASTE: Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oils are ideal for any meal that starts with a sauté and ends with a drizzle. With its robust flavor profile, Pompeian Organic Robust EVOO is perfect for salads and marinades!
- 100% FARMER CRAFTED: Quality from The Olive Oil People since 1906.
- IMPORTED, FIRST COLD PRESSED EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL: Certified for Authenticity by the North American Olive Oil Association (NAOOA).
- COMMITTED TO QUALITY: Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil is USDA Certified Organic, Naturally Gluten Free and Non-Allergenic, Kosher, and Non-GMO Verified by the Non-GMO Project.
More Cheeses from England:
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API