|Country of Origin||England|
|Age||4 to 6 weeks|
|Producer||Bath Soft Cheese Company|
|Weight and shape||225 g (8 oz), Square|
|Size||Length: 10 cm, Width: 10 cm, Height: 3 cm|
|Taste||Taste like mellow brie, Creamy mushroom taste with hints of citrus|
|Pairing||Bath Oliver Biscuits, Wheat Beer, Viognier|
Bath Soft Cheese dates back to the early 1800s in the days of Admiral Lord Nelson.
Fortunately, in 1993, organic version of this cheese is made by a third-generation farmer name Graham Padfield. Today, the cheese is packed in parchment with an exclusive red wax seal bearing its authenticity.
Bath Soft Cheese Tasting Notes
The taste resembles mellow Brie but with more distinctive mushroom, spring onion and hints of fresh citrus taste. In short, this cheese is richer and more luxurious in relative to mellow Brie.
A friend in Somerset once called this the ‘The Emperor of Brie’ and I cannot agree more!
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
Like most Brie, the Bath Soft Cheese goes well with most hard dry biscuits and crackers. If you are in the region, you should definitely pair with the Bath Oliver Biscuits.
Update: Apparently, the Bath Oliver Biscuits are no longer in production. If you are keen on making your own version of Bath Oliver Biscuits, check out this article.
For beverage pairing, light wheat beer or sweet French white like Viognier are your best bet!
Our favorite rice crackers (an incredibly healthy one) to pair with Bath Soft Cheese:
- BLACK RICE CRACKERS: LAIKI Black Rice Crackers are plant based rice crackers that are 100% whole grain, vegan, gluten-free, Non-GMO, and delicious light, and airy crunch. We support natural and sustainable farming that avoids GMOs. We carefully craft each cracker to be nutrient dense, crunchy, and full of flavor. Unlike Japanese Arare or Senbei Rice Crackers, these are not hard or made from sticky rice flour.
- GREAT FOR SNACKING and PARTIES: Our Gluten Free crackers are crisp and delicious for scrumptious snacking straight from the package. These black rice crackers are perfect for snacking by themselves, or for pairing with dips, soups, and salad. For a feel-good snack, choose LAIKI GF crackers. Serve them with dips or top them with spreads to complement any event.
- SUSTAINABLY FARMED: LAIKI's grain free crackers are 100% wholegrain and certified vegan friendly by Vegecert. Our gluten free snacks are made from whole grain red rice we support organic and sustainable farming that avoids GMOs. We're proud participants in the Non-GMO Project and want our consumers to know where their food comes from.
- GRAINS OF HEALTH: Despite their delicious and complex whole-grain taste, they are made with only three ingredients: whole grain red rice, sustainably farmed palm oil, and sea salt. This means that they are very allergy-friendly crackers that are suitable for just about anyone, and of course, they are also gluten-free.These are suitable for anyone who likes a healthy snack cracker.
- CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION: We work hard for the satisfaction of our customers. If you have any kind of problem regarding our product we will fully co-operate in solving your problem. You should never feel any hesitation in contacting us. If you are not satisfied with our products then please reach out to us and we will happily answer your question.
Where to Buy Bath Soft Cheese:
- Parkfarm.co.uk – 4 different Bath’s cheeses for £25.00
- Finecheese.co.uk – 250 g for £10.10
- Abelandcole.co.uk – 250 g for £6.50
More Cheeses from England:
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API