|Country of Origin||France|
|Region||Auvergne, Rhône-Alpes, Midi-Pyrénées|
|Milk||Raw goat’s milk|
|Weight and shape||3.6 kg (8 lb), Round|
|Size||Diameter 19 cm (7.5 inches), Height 10 cm (4 inches)|
|Taste||Strong, salty, creamy with a hint of goaty tang|
|Pairing||Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat de Beaume de Venise, Fresh Figs|
|Texture||Soft, supple, smooth|
Bleu de Chèvre is a unique and rare blue cheese that is made with goat’s milk instead of the cow’s milk and sheep’s milk (like Roquefort).
The number of producers are small and they only produced this cheese in small farms – and they are mostly in the mountains – hence it is not as well recognized outside the region.
Bleu de Chèvre Tasting Notes
Bleu de Chèvre is a very welcoming cheese for beginners, it tastes strong, salty and creamy but melts in the mouth with a subtle and herbaceous tang from the goat’s milk which balances out the robust taste.
Furthermore, it is relatively milder compared to cow’s and sheep’s milk blue cheeses.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
Bleu de Chèvre goes well with fresh figs or with aromatic honey. For quick snacks, you can also consider eating this cheese with gluten-free crackers.
Enjoy Bleu de Chèvre with a glass of sweet Muscat de Beaume de Venise or with Sauvignon Blanc.
Our favorite gluten-free rice crackers to go along with Bleu de Chèvre:
- DELICIOUS SNACK: Thin and crunchy with enough salt to fill your salty snack cravings, but simple enough to let the bold flavors of nature's original grains come through
- HEALTHY CRACKER ALTERNATIVE: Flavorful, low fat alternative to most chips and crackers We bake our organic crackers so that they are free of trans fats, hydrogenated oils, cholesterol, and preservatives
- PERFECT FOR PAIRING: Perfect for pairing with dips, soups, and salads
- 25 YEARS OF SESMARK: Our fresh, authentic taste, sesame based hearty flavors and unique crunch have make our gluten free crackers perfect for snacking
- SHELF STABLE: Gluten-free crackers are good to eat for up to 5 months after arrival
Where to Buy Bleu de Chèvre:
- thefarmersdaughter.co – 100 g for $9.20
- titospeck.it – 650 g for €16,84
More Cheeses from France:
Last update on 2023-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API