|Country of Origin||France|
|Age||4 to 5 months|
|Weight and Shape||7 kg (15.5 lb), drum|
|Size||Diameter 29 cm (11.75 inches), Height 15 cm (6 inches)|
|Taste||Strong, spicy, tang, earthy, refined|
|Texture||Rough crusty exterior, crumbly interior|
|Pairing||Valpolicella, Merlot, Gigondas, Chignin Bergeron, Vacqueyras, Chignin Bergeron|
Bleu de Termignon is a French blue cheese that is produced to very precise specifications.
It is made of the milk of the French alp-cows that graze 1,300 meter (4,265 feet) in the Rhône-Alpes region. Only four producers make this cheese in summer.
Did you know?
The irregular blueing is not the result of piercing, but of wild moulds entering through cracks of the rind. Read The Science of Cheese-making to learn more.
Bleu de Termignon Tasting Notes
Bleu de Termignon has a rough, crusty, brown-gold rind but beneath it is a dense and crumbly interior with a strong spicy, tang, and earthy, refined flavor.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
Pairing wine of the same region, such as Gigondas, Chignin Bergeron, and Vacqueyras, will be exactly how the French will pair with this cheese.
Alternatively, we find that the fruity cherry flavor of Merlot and Valpolicella goes extremely well with the robust flavor of this blue.
Enjoy Bleu de Termignon with garlic and onion cracker for a delightful and tasty quick snack.
Our favorite garlic and onion cracker to go with this cheese:
- This bulk package contains six 8 oz. boxes of TRISCUIT Garlic & Onion with Poppy Seeds Flavor Crackers.
- Snacking well is deliciously uncomplicated with TRISCUIT, a thoughtfully woven, 100% whole grain wheat cracker that starts with 3 simple, authentic ingredients: whole grain wheat, oil, and salt.
- Kosher and Non-GMO Project Verified, TRISCUIT Garlic & Onion with Poppy Seeds Flavor Crackers are a good source of dietary fiber with only 4 grams of fat per serving.
- Garlic & Onion with Poppy Seeds TRISCUITs are crafted from whole grain wheat that’s been sourced from sustainable family farms in northern Michigan for over 100 years.
- These baked crackers make for a wholesome and convenient snack on their own. When paired with dip or topped with kitchen staples like cheese, meat, or veggies, they become standout appetizers.
More Cheeses from France:
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API