|Country of Origin||Switzerland|
|Milk||Raw or thermized cow’s milk|
|Fat||8 to 18%|
|Weight||3 1/2 oz to 17 2/3 lb (100g to 8kg)|
|Goes well With||Salad, Gratin, Dried Meat, Apéritif, Ribel, Bread|
Bloder-Sauerkäse is actually 2 cheeses:
- Bloderkäse: Fresh version
- Sauerkäse: Ripened for at least 60 days
Bloderkäse is rindless and feels firm and supple. It is ivory-colored. When cut, its structure is gritty and brittle. It has a lactic and sour notes which provide a more neutral flavor on the finish.
Sauerkäse has a rind albeit a thin one and has a more distinctive flavor than the former.
Bloder-Sauerkäse Goes Well With
Bloder-Sauerkäse goes well with both cold and warm dishes, whether salty or sweet.
It is ideal for salad garnish. Surprisingly, it also goes well if you pair solely with apple slices or dried meat.
You can also serve this cheese a dessert platter with fruits such as berries, cherries, and/or melons or with other foods such as boiled potatoes, ribel, bread or gratin.
This is our favorite sourdough crispbread to go along with Bloder-Sauerkäse:
- WASA SOURDOUGH CRISPBREAD: Crispy, airy and full of flavor, savor 30 calorie per serving WASA Sourdough crispbread as a great alternative to bread and crackers
- SOURDOUGH CRISPBREAD: Made with simple, all-natural ingredients—whole grain rye flour, yeast and salt for a deliciously wholesome taste and texture
- ONLY 30 CALORIES PER SERVING: WASA Sourdough crispbread is all-natural, fat free (no saturated fat and 0g trans fat), cholesterol free and Kosher certified; Contains 8g of whole grain and 2g of fiber per serving
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED CRACKERS: These crispbreads are made with Non-GMO ingredients and are a great alternative to crackers; Product of Sweden
- SOURDOUGH CRACKERS: Layer your favorite toppings on WASA crispbread for smart and satisfying snacks! Replace bread with crispbreads for a creative and wholesome breakfast or open faced sandwich at lunch
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API