|Country of Origin||Italy|
|Age||1 to 2 months; 8 to 9 months (Bra Duro)|
|Milk||Raw Cow’s Milk|
|Weight and shape||5 to 9 kg (11 to 19 lb 13 oz), Flat Wheel|
|Size||Diameter 30 to 40 cm (12 to 16 inches), Height 7 to 9 cm (3 to 3.5 inches)|
|Taste||Mild cheddar flavor, sweet, buttery, nutty|
|Pairing||Light-bodied red wines, most white wines|
|Color||Rind: pale yellow; Inside: bright yellow|
The cheese is named after the famous town in north-western Italy for cheese festival held by the Slow Food organisation, Bra.
Bra cheese is made from cow’s milk from lowland dairies and may contain small traces of sheep’s or goat’s milk.
There are two different kinds of bra cheeses:
- Bra Tenero: Aged for 45 to 60 days
- Bra Duro: Aged for at least 180 days
Bra Tenero Tasting Notes
An incredibly aromatic cheese, Bra Tenero has a flavorful tang that stings the tongue with its pleasant intensity. It is sweet, buttery and nutty with many suggesting that this cheese has similar taste-resemblance of Mild cheddar.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
Alternatively, you can eat Bra Tenero on its own or shred the aged Bra Duro over pasta/baked rice.
For a quick healthy snack, serve this cheese on crispbread or table water crackers.
Our favorite healthy multigrain sourdough thin crispbread to serve with Bra Tenero:
- Multigrain Sourdough Rye Thins: These multigrain thins are bursting with goodness from four different grains: whole grain rye, whole grain oat, barley and millet
- Crisp Bread: Our thin crisps are an ideal way to start your morning, as a light snack between meals and are irresistible with different toppings for snack platters, charcuterie boards and are a hit for entertaining
- Finnish Rye Crispbread: The thin shape of our crispbread gives them a delicious toasted cereal flavor; Made with 100 percent wholegrain rye and high fiber; check out our Original, Sesame, Traditional and more
- Rye Crisp Crackers: We offer a flavorful variety of crispbreads for any occasion; Try our other delicious flavors: Original, Caraway and Multigrain
- Finn Crisp: The Finn Crisp brand was established in 1952 and with authentic Finnish baking traditions and recipes, we capture the essence of Finland using only pure and simple ingredients
Where to Buy Bra Tenero:
More Cheeses from Italy:
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API