|Country of Origin||Italy|
|Region||Veneto; Province of Treviso, Venice|
|Age||5 to 10 days|
|Milk||Raw cow’s milk|
|Milk Breed||Frisona, Pezzata Rossa, Bruna, Burlina (including crossbreeds)|
|Weight||Small: 7 oz to 1.5 lb (200 to 700 g); Large: 4 to 4.75 lb (1.8 to (2.2 kg)|
|Size||Small: Diameter, 2 to 4.75 in (5 to 12 cm); Large: Diameter 7 to 8.66 in (18 to 12 cm)|
|Thickness||2 to 3 inches (5 to 8 cm)|
|Aroma||Delicate and fresh milky scent|
|Taste||Sweet, buttery, mild bitterness|
|Pairing||Local dry white wine (Torchiato di Fregona DOCG), sparkling wine (Prosecco Millesimato bisol)|
|Texture||Tender, supple, creamy,|
The inclusion of casa, meaning ‘home’, in this fresh cheese’s name hints at its original use. It was produced in homes for the family’s consumption rather than for sale.
Today, though, it its made and sold commercially throughout the area in small co-operatives.
Casatella Trevigiana Tasting Notes
A soft, shiny creamy cheese with milky and buttery notes and a hint of mild bitterness.
Casatella Trevigiana has a melt-in-the-mouth texture that is especially delicate which makes it one of the most popular fresh cheeses in the locality.
Interesting fact: This cheese is incredibly easy to digest and is often recommended for low-calorie diets.
How to Enjoy Casatella Trevigiana (PAIRING)
Casatella is a phenomenal pairing with grilled polenta and/or Radicchio Rosso di Treviso.
It also goes well with beverages such as Italian white wine, particularly Torchiato di Fregona DOCG, sparkling wine like Prosecco Millesimato bisol.
- 100% STONE GROUND CORNMEAL: Our 100% stone ground cornmeal yellow polenta is simple, humble, and healthy
- SWEET AND TANGY: Polenta has a light sweet and tangy flavor that pairs well with both meat and vegetables
- QUICK COOKING: Our Fine Yellow Polenta is fast cooking in 6-8 minutes; pour into salted boiling water and stir continuously to avoid lumps
- GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, AND KOSHER: Roland Food's Yellow Polenta is a gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, and kosher ingredient
Where to Buy:
- Caseificiotomasoni.it – €2,79 per 220 g
- Ocello.com.au – AUD $15.00 per 200 g
More Cheeses from Italy:
- Quartirolo Lombardo
- Strachitunt PDO
- Spressa delle Giudicarie PDO
- Trentingrana PDO
- Bitto PDO
- Bra Tenero
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API