|Country of Origin||Greece|
|Classification||Fresh cheese, rindless|
|Milk||Pasteurized Domokos goat’s and/or sheep’s milk (30% maximum)|
|Fat content||8% to 14%|
|Taste||Pleasant, rich in flavor, mild saltiness, acidity, hint of sourness|
|Pairing||Toast, dakos, Greek salad, pitta bread, honey|
|Beverage pairing||White wine, retsina (resinous wine)|
Katiki Domokou is a fresh and creamy cheese that can spread easily on a slice of bread. The best thing about this cheese is that it can be eaten on its own.
In the mouth, it’s rich, flavorful, with a hint of saltiness and sourness, marked by the acidity of goat’s and sheep’s milk.
This cheese is often served as a side to accompany a main.
Katiki Domokou has no defined shape or weight as the curd is placed in canvas sacks whose sizes vary according to each farm producers.
All producers followed a traditional recipe without the use of rennet to produce this delightful, mouth-watering cheese.
How to Enjoy Katiki Domokou (PAIRING)
Katiki Domokou is an excellent snack due to its low fat and low sodium content. It goes well with toast, crackers, pitas, dakos, and Greek salad.
It can definitely be eaten on its own but if you are not a fan then we recommend adding a tiny drop of honey.
For beverage, this cheese pairs well with Greek white or rosé wine (retsina).
Our favorite Greek flatbread (pita) to go along with Katiki Domokou:
- Discover the pleasure of Greek Pita Delicious homemade Pizza creation
- NON GMO Vegan Friendly High Fructose Corn Syrup
- 4 grams of Fiber per serving , 8 grams of Protein per serving
- Perfect for Mediterranean Food including hummus, tabbouleh, and baba ghannouj and other mezza.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, Place pita directly on oven rack, Heat for 2 minutes before serving
Buy Katiki Domokou Online:
- Agoragreekdelicacies.co.uk – £2.99 per 200 grams
- Olyra.co.uk – £2.90 per 200 grams
- Greekfoodtales.com – €19.75 per kg
More Cheeses From Greece:
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API