|Country of Origin||United States|
|Classification||Fresh, soft, rindless|
|Milk||Pasteurized cow’s milk|
|Weight||Tubs weighing 8 1/8 oz (230 g)|
|Taste||Herbaceous, tangy, creamy, smooth, hint of tart-sweetness|
|Pairing||Bread, cracker, crostini, berries, jams, capers|
|Beverage pairing||Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Moscato|
|Texture||Melting, gritty, dense|
|Good alternative||Cream cheese, German Boursin-style cheese|
|Producer||Sweet Grass Dairy|
On the farm where this cheese is produced, cows ruminate fresh grass all year round thanks to the ideal weather conditions of southern Georgia.
Lil’ Moo Tasting Notes
Pale yellow in color (due to the natural carotene present in the grass the cows graze) with a melting, gritty texture, Lil’ Moo brings herbaceous, tangy notes with a mild and slightly sweet flavor to the palate.
It resembles a spreadable yogurt/cream cheese… which is excellent when eaten with toast, bread or cracker.
How to Enjoy Lil’ Moo (PAIRING)
A fresh delicious cheese that can be used in a wide range of recipes that includes cheesecakes, pizzas, dips and sauces.
Lil’ Moo is at its best when spread on crostini or French bread with jams.
Without carbs, this cheese can be served with berries and paired with white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc) or off-dry and sparkling such as Riesling and Moscato.
Our favorite Non-GMO crackers to pair with Lil’ Moo:
- Six 8.5 oz boxes of Triscuit Balsamic Vinegar & Basil Whole Grain Wheat Crackers
- Combines the goodness of whole grain wheat with rich balsamic vinegar and basil flavors
- 100% whole grain wheat snack crackers are Non-GMO and made with no artificial flavors or artificial colors
- Baked kosher snacks feature a hearty woven texture that easily holds all of your favorite toppings
- Bulk snacks perfect for packing in lunches, taking on-the-go or serving at gatherings
Buy Lil’ Moo online:
- Sweetgrassdairy.com – US$9.00
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API