As with wines, it is important for cheeses to be brought to room temperature for at least one hour before serving.
Doing so will awaken all the aromas that lie dormant within the cheeses when chilled.
If you serve cheese straight out of the fridge, it will have a hard waxy texture and muted flavors.
The Importance of ‘Relaxing’
Just as you might stop prepping and tidying to collect yourself, get dressed, and have a pre-party drink before guest arrive, cheese needs a little time to relax so it can warm up, breathe, and feel like its best self by the time you are ready to dig in.
The 3 Crucial Steps
These steps are crucial as it will help soften the texture and let the flavors and aromas come alive quicker
- First, remove the cheese from the package
- Keep the cheese paper/wrapper in case you have leftovers
- Place it on a quality tray, board, and/or platter in room temperature for at least an hour
The Type of Display Trays You Should Use When Serving Cheese
Although this seems trivial overall, the tray, board, or platter on which cheeses are served plays an important role in the overall experience.
It is important that you select ones whose designs highlight your cheeses.
Raw and natural materials, such as wood, slate, or ceramic, are excellent choices.
Absolutely avoid plastic or metal to prevent transferring their ‘flavors’ to the cheeses.
Cheese Platter We Are Currently Using
We highly recommend the 2 cheese platters below because they are made of organic bamboo, large enough to put variety of cheeses, and is of ideal thickness so that the flavors do not escape.
- ESSENTIAL SERVEWARE ACCESSORY FOR YOUR ENTERTAINING NEEDS: This Wood charcuterie board is a must have for every host. The perfect charcuterie board, picnic appetizer holder or serving tray, lay out a beautiful cheese, meat, fruit, & snack spread for your next wine night, game night, dinner party & more! Designed to elevate your table setup, its bamboo craftsmanship makes it the perfect centerpiece for all occasions. The non-absorbent & odor-resistant surface keeps your cheese and crackers fresh
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED WITH YOUR CONVENIENCE IN MIND: Say goodbye to plastic cheese trays and cracker boxes straight from the grocery store. Impress your friends and family with a beautiful appetizer spread on our all natural, genuine wood, our deli meat board offers a clutter-free snacking experience. Features include ergonomic side handles for easy carry, slip resistant tabs for security when laid out, and 2 grooved serving compartments, and a 4 piece knife set easily stored in a secure drawer.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: At Royal Craft Wood, we aim to help do our part to keep our world clean for our next generation. As such, we produce products that help promote a more sustainable lifestyle. Bamboo is a renewable resource, one that is durable and reliable over time. It offers a super low maintenance surface that makes for a clean cut, easy clean, and a sleek, minimal look that instantly becomes decor, a great centerpiece for your next wine and cheese night.
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ALL OCCASIONS: Finding the perfect gift is a great challenge, especially for couples or loved ones who seem to have it all. This cheese board makes for a high-quality present for housewarming, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving dinner, anniversary, & more! Find the perfect reason to gather around the table with friends & family as you get creative with this cheese tray, pairing different cheeses & cured meats with crackers, fruit, nuts, & wine.
- 💰MONEY-BACK WARRANTY: Our brand, ROYAL CRAFT WOOD is committed to providing our customers the best possible support and satisfaction. That’s why we offer a comprehensive customer support program with a 1-year warranty, a money-back guarantee, and 24/7 customer support. We understand the importance of standing behind our products and ensuring our customers are delighted
Excellent Choice for Beginners (GOOD PRICE):
- 🧀 A GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR EVERYONE. This beautiful cheese board makes for the perfect housewarming gift. What better way to celebrate the start of a new beginning than with a gift that brings people together. Beautifully packaged, this charcuterie board makes the perfect wedding gift or housewarming registry item.
- 🧀 BEAUTIFULLY SUSTAINABLE. Meeting today's demand for premium goods, ROYAL CRAFT WOOD’s charcuterie boards are made of 100% natural bamboo that’s easy to clean and maintain. Carefully constructed with high-quality craftsmanship and ingenuity - this wood serving tray is sturdy and durable with slip-resistant tabs underneath to prevent sliding.
- 🧀 DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND. Made for versatile use, Royal Craft Wood’s cheese tray is water and odor resistant making it the perfect kitchen piece for food preparation and serving guests.
- 🧀 PERFECT FOR EVERY OCCASION. Designed for versatile use, these bamboo cheese boards act as serving platters and trays for parties and are perfect for every occasion - from picnics to parties to making the perfect registry gift.
- 🧀 THE IDEAL CHEESE PLATTER AND SERVEWARE ACCESSORIES: Serveware Accessories or versatile cheese board is perfect for any occasion, whether you're hosting a wine and cheese night, a picnic, or just need a serving tray. It's ideal for charcuterie boards or sets, and it will add a touch of elegance to any event.
Worried About Leaving Your Cheeses Open in the Air?
You can put a clean lint-free cloth (like a flour sack towel or linen napkin) on top, invert a bowl over it or invest in a cheese dome.
A cheese dome protects your cheese while it relaxes on your counter. Place your cheese in the dome for at least an hour in room temperature before serving it on a platter.
An example of a good cheese dome can be seen below:
- Marble slab has nonskid feet that won't scratch or slip
- Display and store your favorite cheeses under this glass dome
- Measures 7.5-inch/19cm diameter.
- Perfect for all occasions
- Hand washing recommended
It takes effort and time to relax your cheese but at the end of the day, the payout is well worth your investment.
Check out these articles below that you might be interested in:
- How to Cut Cheese the Right Way
- How to ‘Taste’ Cheese Through the Nose
- When is the Best Time to Try French AOP Cheeses?
- Why do the French Like Raw Milk Cheese?
- The Amount of Milk Required to Make Cheese
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API