|Country of Origin||Italy|
|Age||1 to 4 months|
|Weight and shape||2 to 8 kg (4.5 – 17 lb, 100 oz), Wheel|
|Size||Diameter 15 to 35 cm (6 to 14 inches), Height 6 to 12 cm (2.5 to 5 inches)|
|Color||Straw yellow to pinkish-brown depending on age|
|Taste||Sweet, pleasant, acidulous, salty, vegetal and woody notes|
|Pairing||Magnus Langhe Chardonnay, Barbera del Monferrato|
Toma Piemontese is an ancient cheese dated back to the hay days of Roman Empire. It is considered the Italian version of the French’s Tomme.
In the 11th century, this cheese was often distributed to poor workers.
Toma Piemontese Tasting Notes
This cheese is dubbed ‘the cheese of hundred tastes’ as the taste depends on its weight, ripening time, and if it is made with semi-fat version with skimmed milk or whole milk.
In general, Toma Piemontese melts perfectly and taste of sweetness with hints of vegetal and woody notes.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
Adding grated Toma Piemontese in risotto, gnocchi, or Pastasciutta or cook it with frittata is what the Italian would do.
You can also spread it on black/whole rye bread and polenta for a nutritious breakfast/brunch or adding aromatic honey with fruits for a delicious quick snack.
Beverage wise, you can pair with dry Magnus Langhe Chardonnay or the sparking red Barbera del Monferrato.
Our favorite rye bread to go along with Toma Piemontese:
- Kosher Certified by BCS All Natural | Protective Double Wrap Package | Baked With Mountain .Enjoy Bavarian Breads Sunflower Seed Rye Bread. Certified By
- Delicious and good for you the best combination. Genuine Bavarian breads are made without preservatives and are high in fiber for those who need to bring their cholesterol down
- Keep bread stored in a cool, dry area until opened then refrigerate. Also delicious when toasted! Serve with your favorite topping and enjoy the dense texture.
- Sunflower seed, organic is a healthy, natural and delicious bread. Made with natural ingredients, this bread is free of unnatural and unnecessary additives.
- This product is kosher and lactose free. Each bag of genuine bread, sunflower seed, organic weighs 17.6 ounce with 10 servings per loaf
Toma Piemontese Nutrition Facts
|Per 100 g|
|Carbohydrates||< 1 g|
|Sugar||< 1 g|
|Vitamin A||0.31 mg|
|Vitamin C||< 0.1 mg|
More Cheeses from Italy:
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API