|Country of Origin||Romania|
|Milk||Raw or pasteurized cow’s or sheep’s milk|
|Weight||10.5 oz to 2.25 lb (300 g to 1 kg)|
|Taste||Slightly salty, sweet-and-sour note, creamy, velvety|
|Pairing||Salad, flatbreads, crackers, toast, omelettes|
|Beverage pairing||Local white wine like Mustoasă de Măderat & Fetească Regală|
|Good alternatives||Feta, Beyaz peynir|
|Color||White, off-white, yellowish-white|
Made exclusively from milk collected from animals in the meadows of the Mureșulu and Gurghiu Valley, Telemea has been used by the locals for many generations due to its quality.
It comes in shades of white ranging from pure white, off-white to yellowish-white.
Note: This cheese also exists in a ‘ripened’ version which have a maturity of at least 20 days of affinage once produced.
Telemea de Ibăneşti Tasting Notes
Telemea de Ibăneşti has a smooth and supple consistency.
On the palate, it reveals slightly salty sweet-and-sour notes with a creamy texture.
Tip: Ideally, it should be consumed within 24 hours after production.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
Telemea is quite a versatile cheese which can be used in many dishes such as in omelettes or salad.
Alternatively, you can also eat this with flatbread, toast, cracker or on its own with a glass of white wine.
Our favorite cracker for Telemea:
- Twelve 3.5 oz boxes of Good Thins Simply Salt Rice Crackers (packaging may vary)
- Simply salted and Non-GMO Project Verified
- Round, thin snack crackers offer versatile uses
- Salted crackers are baked for the perfect crispy texture
- Savor the light flavor by itself or paired with soups and salads
Where to Buy Telemea:
- Auchan.ro – 16,60 Lei for 400 g
- Mega-image.ro – 18,49 Lei for 400 g
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API