|Country of Origin||Germany|
|Age||3 to 6 months|
|Milk||Raw cow’s milk|
|Fat content||33% to 45%|
|Weight & thickness||176 lb (80 kg); 110cm (43.33 inches)|
|Size||Diameter 90cm (35.5 inches); Height 110cm (43.5 inches)|
|Salt content||Evaporated salt approximately 1%|
|Taste||Mild nutty (hazelnut in particular), milky, buttery|
|Pairing||White bread, fruit tea, spaetzle, crème fraîche, red wine|
AOP since 1997, the Allgäu Emmentaler is kinda similar to the Swiss Emmentaler albeit they are smaller in sizes and ripens more quickly.
They are made with raw milk from the brown Allgäu cattle that graze the spring meadows that are rich in alpine flowers.
It is considered a domed cheese because of its affinage in warm caves, which promotes propionic fermentation responsible for the holes in its interior.
Allgäuer Emmentaler Tasting Notes
Allgäuer Emmentaler mature for at least 3 months when they are supple, golden yellow, and mild with a hint of hazelnut.
It is a popular and versatile cheese in Germany because it goes well with many beverages and carbs.
How to Enjoy Allgäuer Emmentaler (PAIRING)
It is perfect for breakfast, picnics, snacks, cheese plates and cooking. Typically, this cheese is served with tea, coffee, or beer. Nevertheless, it can also be used in salad or paired with sweet fruits like Oranges and Grapes.
In Germany, thin slices of Allgäu Emmentaler are eaten together with cheese burger or white bread due to its buttery note on the palate.
- BOLD CITRUS TASTE: A deliciously juicy herbal tea, infused with lemongrass, blackberry leaves, rose hips, spearmint leaves, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, orange essence, and licorice root
- WILD BLEND: TAZO Wild Sweet Orange tea is citrus-forward herbal tea with a bright, bold flavor and no added sugar
- FRESH ORANGE TASTE: Each box contains 20 individual tea bags, packaged to preserve their delicious taste and naturally sweet aroma
- EASY TO BREW: Add a bag of Glazed Lemon Loaf herbal tea to your cup, top it up with hot water and let it brew for 5 min to release the aroma
- SERVE HOT OR ICED: This orange tea is easy to brew, and invigorating when served hot, but also makes a delicious iced tea
Where to buy:
- Amazon.de: €21.80 per kg
- Cheese Artisans (Singapore): S$6.5 per 100g
- Cambodunum (Hong Kong): HKD$48 per 100G
- igourmet: US$6.99 for 7.5 oz
Last update on 2023-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API