|Country of Origin||France|
|Milk||Pasteurised cow’s milk|
|Weight and shape||250 g (9 oz), Round|
|Size||Diameter 8.5 cm (3.5 inches), Height 4.5 cm (2 inches)|
|Taste||Robust, Buttery, Milky, Salty, Vibrant with hints of spices|
|Pairing||Gevrey Chambertin, Chassagne Montrachet|
|Texture||Sticky and flaky rind; smoothy and creamy paste|
In 1950, Raymond Gaugry created this unique artisan semi-soft cheese by washing the rind with famous local Marc de Bourgogne Brandy, Gevrey Chambertin… thus giving the cheese its distinctive orange color.
The truth is most of the work is done by hand even though the cheese is made in a modern creamery,
Ami du Chambertin Tasting Notes
This cheese obviously tastes of Gevrey Chambertin but it also has a strong vibrant buttery, milky, salty taste with hints of spices and bacon.
Eating this cheese will result in a firework of flavors in your mouth. It is quite intense albeit a pleasant one.
Most of the flavors of Ami du Chambertin comes from the rind. The closer it gets to the center the milder and creamier the taste.
How to Enjoy (PAIRING)
The folks who made Gevrey Chambertin were incredibly appreciative of this cheese. They often serve it with their wines which have proven to be the perfect foil and partner.
Serve this cheese with Gevrey Chambertin, Chassagne Montrachet or other wines that have long flavorful finishes.
This cheese is also perfect for evening snacks as it goes extremely well with plain-unsalted crackers and chutneys such as Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney.
Our favorite unsalted crackers to go along with Ami du Chambertin:
- BROWN RICE CRACKERS: These whole grain rice crackers are oven baked, not fried. They're gluten free, fat free & sodium free & crafted from a blend of 85% organic brown rice and 15% organic white rice.
- GREAT FOR SNACKING & PARTIES: Our Brown Rice Snaps are crisp and delicious for scrumptious snacking straight from the package. Serve them with dips or top them with spreads to complement any event.
- SUSTAINABLY FARMED: We support organic & sustainable farming that avoids GMOs & pesticides. We're proud participants in the Non-GMO Project & want our consumers to know where their food comes from.
- SUPPORT FOR SPECIAL DIETS: Our vegetarian products are ethically sourced & suitable for many special diets including vegan, gluten free, paleo, keto, kosher, organic & low sodium.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTHY OPTIONS: Our company was born out of a commitment to create delicious & healthy vegetarian foods with convenient preparation for those with busy, health-aware lifestyles.
Where to buy Ami du Chambertin:
- Wally Wine – 250 g for $22.00
- Cheesehub – 200 g for £10.95
More Cheeses from France:
Last update on 2023-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API